Arbitrary Randomness
Friday, November 12, 2004
 
I thought it was dumb when 1130 was using the slogan, but now, for some reason, 1270 felt it was a good idea to use "Remember the time you spent listening to "

So not only did someone come up with this line, someone else approved it, recorded it, and aired it. Then, someone else thought it was a good enough line to steal. I just don't get it.

To me, advertising is mostly for name recognition, so wouldn't it be better to just spend your thirty seconds saying your company name? Sure it would be boring, but wouldn't it be just as effective to hear "AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, AM 1270, ...." for 30 seconds?

Which reminds me, how many times during an interview do we have to hear, "We're talking to here on SportsRadio 1130 WDFN." I can kind of understand this type of thing back in the day when you had to scroll back and forth to find the radio station, and you weren't sure which station it was actually on (I know, there are still radios like that out, but most radios (especially car) are now digital), but now, I just don't see the point.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger