Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, October 07, 2004
 
Well, it took me 12 years, 4 months, and 25 days since I've been eligble, but I finally did it. I gave blood today. I have meant to give blood ever since I turned 18 and became eligible to give. And I've always come up with some excuse to avoid doing it. A few weeks ago, a sign up sheet went around work, and I signed up, thinking, "if I sign up, I won't back out this time." Even though that little reminder card didn't hold me to it, and I could have backed out at any time.

So I remembered and forgot about it on and off this past week, and then totally forgot about it today until I went to lunch (my appointment was at 1:45) and saw the blood drive stuff in the cafeteria, and thought to myself, "oh crap, I have less than 2 hours to worry about this." I was a bit nervous going in, but what made it worse is that while waiting to take my questionairre, someone at the cookies and juice table fainted. Well that made me a little more nervous. I know nothing about blood pressures, but mine was 120/96, and she asked if I was nervous, cuz it was a bit high. I'm not sure how high that is. The last time I had a physical (about 5 or 6 years ago) I was told it was on the high side. That reminds me, I need to get a physical one of these days.

Anyway, I know it's not a huge (or as Donald would say..."Uuuuge") thing that I did it, since people do it everyday... well, not the same person everyday, because you have to wait 56 days inbetween. But I'm glad that I've done it, know that I can do it, and will do it again.... hopefully every 2 months or so.

But I'm happy, I got my sticker, so be nice.
Comments:
Your top number of 120 is okay, but your bottom number of 96 is high. I think 120/80 is considered normal
 
Hey, cool blog you got here. I'm a nut case surfer, but l know what I like.
Have a good one!
Always looking for hypertension!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger