Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, September 27, 2004
 
Last Monday, I wrote about the battle of the last unbeaten team. Since then Philly has knocked off two of them (Minnesota and Detroit), and we are down to 6. No real changes on any of my thoughts on this, but let's look at the other end of the spectrum.

Who will be the last team to win a game? Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and San Francisco are the six winless teams so far this season. I find this a difficult task because in the next three or four weeks, there are a lot of these teams playing each other, so it should sort itself out quickly. It's no surprise that I'm going to say that the biggest surprise of these six teams is Kansas City. I don't see this lasting long for them, since they have so many offensive weapons. It'll turn around one of these weeks. San Fran has Arizona at home in week 5, and if they don't win that, they could have trouble winning before Thanksgiving. The problem with Arizona's winnable games in the coming weeks are that they are on the road, so they will have to upset a team at home, or win on the road. Their defense has seemed to keep their opponents scores low, which makes me think that the offense will get lucky one of these weeks and click to get the win. I'm not sure what's going on with Tampa Bay, but like I think that Vermeil will turn it around soon, so will Gruden. I don't have a specific game in mind that they will win, but it will be sooner rather than later. Buffalo and Miami both play New England and the Jets in the next two weeks before facing each other. Both will probably enter that game still winless.

After analyzing and studying the standings and schedules for a grueling 5 minutes (maybe closer to ten, since I don't type all that fast), it looks like it's going to come down to either San Francisco or the loser of the Buffalo/Miami game as to who will be the last to win. I'm going to go with San Fran, just because I've never been a firm believer in Dennis Erickson for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I haven't. Combine that with all the players they lost from last year, SF will be my pick.

Have I mentioned that I hate not being able to check my fantasy team at work?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger