Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, September 30, 2004
 
I've never been a fish person.... that is eating fish. I have some weird foods that I don't like, mostly because it's not the taste that bothers me as much as the texture. Fish is one of them. I haven't tried a lot of fish, but pretty much every time I do try it, I don't really enjoy it. In an effort to be healthier, I thought that I should try to start eating fish occasionally. Even if I didn't like it, I knew it was good for me.

A few months ago, we had fish sticks, and breaded fillets (the kind you buy frozen in a box from Gorton's or some brand like that). It wasn't bad, but my wife has told me that it's not really eating fish.... better than I was before, but not really getting the benefits.

I haven't hand anything fish related since, until this week, we tried tuna steaks. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. Not that I would choose it over beef, but it was good. I think most of my surprise was the texture. The meat was more meaty than fishy in texture.

I think tuna is now going to make it into the rotation. I'll have to try salmon now, and see if that is any good.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger