Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, September 23, 2004
 
I'm not sure why, but there are certain teams that I sometimes confuse... Carolina and Jacksonville, most likely because they came in the league together, and have similar team colors, and are both in that south-eastern area of the US. I usually remember the teams, I suppose, but usually forget which team is in which division. For some reason, I do that with the Miami Heat and the Atlanta Hawks. Perhaps it's the similar colors again. I realized this when I was reading up on some NBA news, and heard that Kevin Willis was returing to the Hawks, and thought he was going to be backing up Shaq. Then I read that Ron Rothstein was returning to the Miami Heat as an assistant coach, and read that Jon Barry was returning to the Hawks, and I thought, wow, the Hawks are going to be bringing back 3 people from their past... but it's only 2, not three.

I'm trying to think if I do that with any other teams, but can't think of any right now.

For some reason I just thought of this... while studying once in a library at school, I saw this written on a desk:

1 + 1 = 3 for extremely large values of 1

that still makes me chuckle.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger