Arbitrary Randomness
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
 
You know what bugs me about business emails.... when people copy either their boss or your boss on emails. I know that there are certain circumstances when this is valid, but there are people who do it on every friggin' email. It really annoys me when they do it on emails when they are questioning what I did, or saying that I have done something wrong. I'm not saying that I don't want my boss to find out, but in the case where I didn't do anything wrong, and have to reply to them to explain this, then I feel like I have to copy the bosses on my response, so they don't think that I did something wrong, or follow up with me later saying "did you take care of this" and what not. Now the bosses have 5 extra emails from being copied on these correspondences that usually they didn't need to be involved with in the first place.

My thought is, if you have a problem with me, tell me or tell my boss, but don't tell both of us at the same time.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger