Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, April 26, 2004
 
I don't think I told you the result of the AT&T bill (or, as previously referred to as A TTelephone company). I had AT&T at a previous residence, where the phone was disconnected over two and a half years ago. When the account was closed, for some reason, there was a $5.90-something credit. That took about 9 months and many phone calls to get a hold of that money, but that was ended sometime in the summer/fall of 2002. A month ago (March 2004), I received a bill from AT&T for like $17 or something, for some Universal Access Fee. I called to complain, and after waiting on hold for about a total of an hour over two days and two calls, they finally tell me that the charges will be cleared and the account will be closed, and I would get a statement in about a month (the next billing cycle) letting me know of this.

Well, on Friday, I got the statement. The statement had credited the account with the $17, but then had an additional charge for another $5 or so. Needless to say, I was pissed. I called AT&T up on Friday and talked to a very helpful representative that let me know that there was some glitch that charged this $5 to a bunch of people, and they were working on clearing that up. I told her that she didn't deserve to here my complaining, and she transferred me to another department where I released my anger. The guy told me that it would be cleared up, and that I would never have to worry about getting another bill from AT&T. I asked for him to send me a letter stating that. He said that they couldn't send me a letter, that they have no way of doing that, but that the account was closed and he was telling me I had nothing to worry about. Boy, that was a comfort since that's what they told me a month ago before this bill came. I told him I wanted to talk to a supervisor, and he said that the supervisor was going to tell me the same thing, that they could not send me a letter telling me the charges were cleared, and the account was closed. I said I still want to talk to the supervisor. He put me on hold. He came back about 5 minutes later to tell me that he was going to put in a request to have a letter sent to me, and that I didn't have to hold for the supervisor anymore..... that's funny, 10 minutes ago, you told me that there was no way of sending a letter to me, and now he can???? I told him I still wanted to talk to the supervisor. about 5-10 minutes later, I let the supervisor know the whole story, and he said that I should receive a letter in the next 7-10 business days.

I'm not going to be surprised if I don't get the letter, but I will call them back. In my frustration in talking, I forgot to get the guy's name to contact him if I didn't get the letter. Oh well, I'll just have to call back again. Stupid AT&T.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger