Arbitrary Randomness
Tuesday, March 30, 2004
 
I was listening to 1270 this morning, but I'm not sure why. I seem to get annoyed if I listen to Spindler for too long. This morning they were talking about adding 2 more playoff teams in the NFL, and Spindler was saying how it wasn't a good idea. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea. I'm not totally for it, but I'm not totally against it either. I haven't come to a conclusion yet. But some of the arguements that he was making didn't make any sense. He was saying that if you do well in the regualar season, that you should be rewarded with a bye. And that the byes should reward working hard all season. To me, it would make the upper teams try even harder during the regular season, since only one team is getting the bye. Not only are you fighting for home field advantage, but also the only first round bye (for your conference). I'm not completely sure that he understood that it was only adding one team per conference, because he kept emphasizing that teams that do well should be awarded with a bye. What better incentive to the best team during the regular season than to have only one team with a bye?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger