Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, January 19, 2004
 
Since I don't frequently see new movies in the movie theatre, I will take this opportunity to share my review of "Big Fish".

I thought it was good. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was enjoyable. The 2 hour and 5 minute movie did not seem to drag on at all. I never looked at my watch wondering when it was going to end (although I was looking at my watch at 5:00, wondering when the 4:40 movie was going to start).

If you don't want to know what the movie is about, don't read on.... there aren't any spoilers here, but I do tell the plot. The story is about a guy who's father is dying. He and his father haven't got along much in recent years, and he goes back home to see him. His father used to tell him all these stories about his life, and it wasn't until he was in his 20s that the son realized that the stories he had been told all his life were probably ficticious.

The movie had a Forrest Gump-ish quality where a bunch of unusual things were happening to one person (although the Forrest Gump things were a bit more realistic). It was an enjoyable movie, but wouldn't say it's a "must see", but worth renting when it comes on video (or seeing in the theatre if you have money burning a whole in your pocket, or whatever that saying is). I'm not saying "Don't see this in the theatre", I just thought it was pretty good as opposed to excellent.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger