Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, September 25, 2003
 
I'm trying to avoid getting sucked into the California Re-call mess, but I was thinking today. Could Gov. Davis have submitted his name as a replacement governor if he is recalled? Here's my thinking. With so many candidates, no one will probably get more than 50% of the votes. Let's say the recall part of the ballot is a close race, and assume he is recalled, 55-45. Wouldn't those 45% vote for Davis as the replacement, too? If not all of them, I would think most of them would. So let's say he gets 35-40%.... that could be enough to get the most votes.

I don't know all the rules, and he probably wasn't allowed to run as a replacement, but the way the whole thing is messed up, I wouldn't be surprised if that were an option.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger