Arbitrary Randomness
Tuesday, August 12, 2003
 
Apparently, I'll never learn.... well, maybe this time. Against my better judgement, I went to Sears to get a new water heater. I've had problems with Sears before, but they had a better price, so I couldn't resist. Now, this isn't a huge issue, but another one of those little things that keep adding up. When we purchased the water heater, the salesman said that "they" (the installers) will call us in the next day or two to set up the appointment, and that it usually takes about a week.

We were a little baffled by this, because we assumed that most people when buying a water heater need it immediately. We're not in desparate need of it immediately, but we will be soon. So the week delay didn't matter to us, even though we were a bit surprised. That was last night. This morning, my wife received a call from the plumbers that were coming to install the water heater telling her that they were on their way. We were not ready for them today, because the salesman said they would call us to set up the appointment. Neither of us was prepared to be home for them to come and install it, so we had to reschedule.

This is after the incident where I asked the guy at Sears what the difference was between the two models I was deciding between. He started reading the labels, and telling me what I already knew. I was looking for a little more information, like what the features listed do for me, and if they are worth the extra cost. Don't get me wrong, I give the guy credit for looking for the answers, I just think Sears would have someone with more knowledge in that department.

This is just another incident where a person from Sears has given us bad information causing inconvenience. This might be the last time I go to Sears.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger