Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, May 15, 2003
 
You ever think of a famous person, and then ponder whether or not they are still alive or not? (kind of like the category "Live, Dead, or Indian Food" on the old MTV gameshow "Remote Control")

Today I was thinking about Ronald Reagan. Now I know he's still alive, but for a brief second, I couldn't remember for sure. Then it got me to thinking, how many former Presidents are still alive. I believe it is only 5. Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton. What I find somewhat odd is that going in order of their presidencies, there aren't any ..... I'm not sure how to put this into words, but when you go in order, they are all dead up until Ford, then they are all alive.... meaning it doesn't go "live, dead, live, live, dead, live, live" does that make any sense at all? Like if Reagan were dead, there would be a former president that served prior to Reagan that is still alive. I guess that's not really odd, but just a bit odd to me. I guess what's odd is that the presidents have died in the order that they served, or more like the presidents are still alive in the reverse order that they served. It's been lik ethat since President Truman died in 1972.

huh... that post took a turn as I was writing it. I had no intentions of going into Presidential Trivia.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger