Arbitrary Randomness
Thursday, May 15, 2003
 
I'm going to complain....

I think I've complained about this before, but crowd noise on TV broadcasts of sporting events is getting out of hand. Yes the noise gives a little more feeling that you are actually there but it seems like in the last couple of years, the volume of the crowd noise in relation to the volume of the announcers has increased. Sometimes you can barely hear the announcers over the crowd..... espcially at low TV volumes. It just blends together. I think they need to cut down on the crowd noise, or stop allowing the announcers to talk, cuz it's hard to hear both.

Speaking of crowd noise, I really don't like those blow up stick things that have become ever so popular at sporting events in the last year or three. I'm not really sure why, but they really annoy me.

And since I'm on a complaining rampage, and I just watched basketball last night, here's a rule I've never really liked. In the NBA, after a basket, if you call time out, you can bring the ball in at half court rather than under the basket. While I can somewhat see a rational for this rule after a basket (although I don't agree with it), I don't understand why you can do that after you call time out when the ball is in play under the opponents basket. Like if you rebound the ball, and call time out right away, you should have to take the ball out right where you called time out.

I apologize if I've compained about that one before, but if I did, here is another question that I've posed before.... Why do basketball referees have to wear pants?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger