Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, February 10, 2003
 
JCPenny has a few commercials out that I'm surprised aren't getting more complaints from women. The commercials show kids acting up, and the father saying "where is your mother?" implying that she is at the JCPenny sale (by the way, is it me, or does JCPenny have sales every week?). What is wrong with this is that the commercial is implying that (1) women go out and shop a lot, and (2) the father can't take care of the kids, and it's the mother's responsibility.

While I'll agree with the fact that women do in fact tend to shop more than men, I don't agree with the second part. When I become a father, I hope I am not like that, and acting as a babysitter while mom is out. It just seems wrong. I realize they are going for the humor factor, but I just don't get it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger