Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, February 24, 2003
 
Is the Big Ten in trouble? This year, the Big Ten will be fighting to get 5 teams in the tournament. They will also be fighting to be one of the top teams. In the 18 years that the tournament has been 64 teams (I only went back this far, because that is all I could find quickly), the Big ten has had AT LEAST one team represented in the top 4 seeds of each region (i.e. top 16 teams). 1996 and 1997 were the only two years when the Big Ten sent only 1 team with a top 4 seed, and both of those were #1 seeds.

True you can argue that Michigan would be the 6th team to go, but the Big Ten doesn't have the strength that they have had in the past. I hope they prove me wrong, but I don't see any team that can make it to the Final Four.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger