Arbitrary Randomness
Monday, May 06, 2002
 
Maybe I just want too much from my delivery company, but a certain brown company (i hate those commercials..."brown did this...") was to deliver a package to my house that needed to be signed for. So last Wednesday when I got home there was a note on my door that said that they tried to deliver, and would try and deliver again the next day between 10:30 and 2. My thought was that they must have tried between 2-4 or something, when no one was home. Well, my wife was going to be home until about 11:30-12, so i figured i would take the chance and hope it would come before she left. It didn't. There was another note that said that it would try again the following day between 10:30 - 2:00. Which seemed kind of odd to me. I would think they would stagger the time a bit to allow for a greater chance of catching someone at home. Again, Friday, was the same situation, and again we missed the delivery. I decided to track the package online. When I did, I noticed the times that they tried to deliver. 1:43 PM, 1:47 PM, and 1:45 PM. All three days of delivery attempts were within a 5 minute span.

To me, it would make much more sence to change the route so that you are hitting the house at different times of day to see if you can catch the person at home. If one of those days, they would have attempted an early morning, or an late afternoon, they would have caught us.... or even earlier in the time frame they said, but it was almost the EXACT same time all three days.

OK, I'm done whining for now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger