Arbitrary Randomness
Wednesday, July 11, 2001
 
I think the government need to set there anti-monopoly focus on a different target. I've come to realize that Frito Lay has a monopoly in the flavored tortilla chips market. Maybe I'm just ignorant of other products that are out there, but I haven't seen them. There aren't even America's Choice brand flavored tortilla chips. The closest thing I've seen are the Tostito's "Hint of Lime" tortilla chips (I know, Tostitos is Frito Lay, too).

Now since they are the only fish in the pond, is it really necessary for them to advertise?? I suppose, since there are competing with other snack foods, but i would think they would be able to survive with a simpler "Crazy People" style commercial (my favorite was always "zhvheat zhhfewhag Sony") with something like "Doritos - we're the only flavored chip out there. Yummy. You know you like them... so buy them and eat them." OK, now I'm not even making sense.

I think the flavored tortilla chip market needs some competition to make a better product (although doritios are pretty darn good now, but what happened to 'Salsa Verde' and 'Sonic Sour Creme' flavors????) and better prices!!!

Speaking of discontinued flavors, what ever happened to Kool Aid's 'Purplesaurus Rex'???? That was an awesome flavor. If you want to try and come close to it, mix one packet of Grape, and one packet of lemonade. It's not exactly right, but it's close.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger